Friday, February 6, 2009

Look Ma...I'm on the radio!

Do you remember that nice Lady who came to visit me before Christmas. This Lady...


Umeeda Umedaly Switlo
Public Engagement Officer with CUSO-VSO in Canada
(with Prod Manager Shadrack, and Kaizen consultant Alex;)


Well she interviewed me and has podcasted the whole thing. Warning: It's 20 minutes long.
Go to http://cuso.podomatic.com/?p=2 and search for 'Duggan', then press the play button.
There is also a few more interviews with the people in Bombolulu.

Notes on Interview:
a)When asked about the song 'It's a long way to Tipperary' I wanted to say, 'We don't sing that much as it's a British Army marching song' but I felt it would set the wrong tone for the interview.

b)When I said Galway was 'the graveyard of ambition' I was quoting the Jackines I worked with in Dublin at the time. Galway rocks. I won't hear a word said against it.

c) When asked what I want to do after the assignment, I think covered all bases:- Work in Development in the area of Education- Live in Ireland (even though the above would mean working aboard)- go back to college to study (Even though that would probably mean not living in Galway)- Work with disabilities, in the area of education (In my spare time obviously!)
Clear as muddy water.

d) Yes. They have fish (samaki) and chips here...but they don't have a McDonaghs...after getting drenched walking the prom on a Sunday with your friends. That's what I meant by 'a different environment'.
e)It was just before Christmas so I was missing home more than usual.

f) The clicking sound is Umeeda's daughter taking photos (she was the official photographer for thier trip)

g) I have no idea why the photo they used was an extreme close up.

MD.

Cultural Learning
Viasi is the best snack...EVER! Potato chunks covered in batter and fried in oil. They sell it in small plastic bags on the side of the road everywhere. 20 bob worth of that, and a banana (5-7 bob), and lunch is sorted.

1 comment:

APC is ace said...

Are those jackines ripping off Dylan Thomas with their quotes?

B*stards! The lot of them!

How's things over there? I'll listen to your radio show once I get bored of picking the scabs off my shoeless feet. What recession?