Friday, November 28, 2008

Fair Trade

Nov 27th

Second day of lunchtime meetings. Today the Fair Trade people were in checking progress on all the proposed improvements to the stores, kiln, production etc. Alex (Kaizen PM) and I gave them the tour and they made some keen observations about safety and operation issues. Smart folks. They were impressed with the approach and the speed the changes being made. Of course it had resulted in a shed load of more work. They want to be able to apply our learnings to other company's that they work with and have requested we "storyboard" our journey. Also I have to put an IT infrastructure requirements document together. Them things don't write themselves you know.

Shariq (VSO volunteer) called over around 11am to drop off some stuff for the other volunteers. He is off back to India for the Christmas and won't be around Saturday for the VSO meeting. Finally got down to preparing the house for my visitors. I scrubbed and cleaned for 2 hours. Washed bed sheets and sweep out all the dirt and dead insects that invariablely build up on the floor. Tomorrow evening I'll go shopping and stock up on food and booze. I am unreasonably excited about the weekend. I really need to get out more!

The brother printed off the blog and showed it to the mother. She got a kick out of it. Thanks for keeping me updated on all the horses Ma, you're very good. I'm happy out so no need to be worrying.

M.
p.s. Thanks to all the people who have been sending emails. I'm doing my best to reply to them all.

Cultural Learning
In Kenyan, to start school, you used to have to be able to touch your left ear with your right hand. (Well of course YOU can do it. You're not 8 anymore you knoW! Hee Hee)

No comments: